CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

air conditioning

schoney

gentalmen, need your help. I have a 97 sts and the air blows air but does not cool down. I read previous posting and I took it to a shop they purged the system and

filled it back up it was 1/2 lb low, problem still occured what should I look at next.

p.s.- he had a Snap-On leak detector, and dianostic to check the codes, their was

no history it was empty.

thanks for any help Schoney

Hello Shoney....Is the AC compressor, and blower motor working properly, and does the heater work in the car? Did the shop check all this for you? You can check to see if the system is cooling by turning on the AC and touching the accumulator to see if its cold. According to the service manual, it could be the air-mix valve, or the inside air temperature sensor, or aspirator hose in the dash. I hope this helps you out. Vincent

What were the high and low side pressure readings? As taiorlvb said, check to see if the accumulator is cold when the compressor is running. If the accumulator gets cold, then you need to look at the mixer door actuator.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Did you go into diagnotics and reset the AC codes? The compressor won't run until they are reset.

Jim in Phoenix

Jim in Phoenix

Archived