CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hot Rod sponsored Power-Tour

Just curious if anyone went on this years Power Tour fom WI to FL? :unsure: Unfortunately it didn't fit into my schedule with my son's big graduation coming up, but if it was anything like last year's it was a blast! B)

Just got an email from a friend who attended, where they took in one of the "in route" events, the drag races at Indy. Here is his rundown of that...

"There was drag racing at IRP in Indy we went to on Mon. It was funny to see some guy in a 70 ish Caddy coupe Deville put'n the smack down on the Mustang GT's and Camaros. The thing had a big ol' turbo on it, that thing would run 109 mph in the 1/4!!"

Pretty cool to think about that! :lol:

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Here is a link to their site with cruise updates daily...

http://hotrod.com/powertour/

I just watched a video clip showing the fastest vehicle on the tour to date. A Banks twin-turbo'd Dodge Dakota that will do 222 mph! :o Insane! :P

'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

A '70ish Coupe deVille... man, they are huge and heavy (normally)... it would make me beam with pride to see something like that go beat up the toy ponies.

Good on 'em for building a dream car!

Mike P

Yeah, that is a cool image isn't it! I hope Paul has more details and maybe even a picture. I'll bet it was lightened up pretty good to get that kind of MPH. :rolleyes: Wonder what his ET was? Will post more if I have it... ;)

Archived