CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Dynomax Mufflers

I need to replace my mufflers and have decided to go with the Super tubos. Like everyone suggested. I was wondering waht the exact part number to the mufflers I need to fit my 93 STS. I am ordering online. From this web site..

I would like ones that fit well with stock exaust. I dont want to get into adapters and stuff to make them fit. thanks

http://www.carshopinc.com/index.php/cPath/...d/214231/page/2

Camaro style exhaust with one in and 2 out would be Dynomax # 17739 look it up....its probably the quietest exhaust you can get but also one of the best for the money....do NOT pay any more then 49 bucks, jegs has it with free shipping im pretty sure or if you have a Discount Auto near you they can order it and get it same day..

its the exact one im gonna get on mine...its a really good muffler.

Bob,

First off, are you sure the mufflers and tips that are on there are OEM? :unsure: A 93STS may have had these replaced once already, I know mine was...

The best thing to do is crawl under there and measure them youself and compare them to this chart.

http://www.dynomax.com/documents/super_turbo_specs.pdf

Then look up that part no. on that web page you wanted to order from. Good luck! ;)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

OMG... 49 bucks... I am paying $250 in Canada for them.... and IF I was to buy them in the US and ship them and pay to have them put on (because I need some mods to do so... it would end up costing me $250 as well...

Grrrr.... :angry:

Mike P

I measured My mufflers to be 16" in length. But In the diagram the closest was the 17731 model which was 14". Would these make for much pipe work when getting them welded? I measured 2 1/4 in and out with an offset of side/center.

Those are the exact ones I had on my Eldo. They worked out nice cause it gave me some extra room to adapt to the aftermarket tips I chose... They are a little louder than the 20" model, but not tremendously. I have recorded clips with the sound of mine, and Krger2 had hosted them for me... Don't have the link handy, but if you do a search for Dynomax with me as the poster you can easily find it. ;)

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

Archived