CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1990 Caddy sercurity system

I have 1990 sedan deville. will the security system allow the caddy to turn over and not start. I have a spark and I have fuel to the engine. the caddy just will not run. it acts like it wants to but just dont. Any Suggestions

I have 1990 sedan deville. will the security system allow the caddy to turn over and not start. I have a spark and I have fuel to the engine. the caddy just will not run. it acts like it wants to but just dont. Any Suggestions

Simultaneously press and hold the OFF and WARMER buttons on the climate control panel and write down any codes and post back.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

You stated you have fuel to the engine but did you check the fuel pressure?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

My experience with a flukey security system in my 1990 is that it locks you out for between 20 and 45 minutes if the ignition doesn't recognise the key.

Having said that, the "lock out" cuts all power... no dash, no turning over, no nothing when you turn the key. When the key is in the "on" position, you do have power to the dash etc. but as soon as you turn the key it's almost like the battery is dead.

I would also suspect a possible "timing gear jump" depending on the mileage.

When the chain ages, it stretches... then it can jump a tooth and render engine operation almost impossible at best.

Good luck with it.

Mike P

Archived