CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Traction Control Fuse Location

Matt

Hey Good Morning Guys. I was wondering if any one knows the location and number fuse that will disable my Traction Control on my 93 Seville. I want to make a test now and my manual is at home, also what else will be disabled with that fuse. I would need to know that before disableing anything. I'm just testting to see if the wheel jerking under extreme exceleration will stop. Thanks Guys!!!!

Matt,

The wheel jerking may just be torque steering. It's quite evident under aggressive accelerations. I believe the Traction Control fuse location is the same as my 94sts. Open your trunk and look to your left side. You should see a fuse cluster. Look for the fuse labeled "ABS". Pulling that should dissable your TC as well as your ABS unfortunately.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Thanks for the info. I was wondering what else would be shut off, and the ABS is something I do not want off. I guess for a test it will be ok as I do like the ABS system. I believe you are correct about the torque steering, but I'm wondering just how much the traction control comes into play when there is wheel hop. I think when it sences that one wheel is slipping and it bounces back and forth transferring power to the other side it makes things even worse. You better be in command and paying attention because that is how an accident can happen very fast. I'm not used to torque steering problems as this is my first front wheel drive car. Also you can not pick the road surface at the time of heavy exceleration, it just has been happening at poor times for me lately. Thanks, Take care....

Archived