CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Leaky brake line or proportioner valve

stokes

While my car was on a lift during an oil change I noticed some brake fluid seems to be seeping from the area of the proportioner valve in the rear just below the valve.It doesnt appear to be dripping,just wet in that area.I wiped it and checked later and like I said it isnt dripping just seems to be seeping.The brakes are working fine,pedal is firm not like it is losing pressure like when a line has a break in it.Anybody know anything about changing this part?Is it expensive?Is it easier or neccessary to change the entire line?Should this be left to a pro or is it easy enough to do myself.Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can give me.

It happened to me once. Driver side rear proportional valve was leaking. I found out about it because the brake light was going on. Checked the fluid level and it was low.

Part was about $30, labor was about 45 minutes. Need to bleed the system and refill with fresh fluid afterwards.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Thanks,Marika.Did you do it yourself or have a mechanic do it?Do you know if the whole line had to be changed?The manual isnt clear on how this part is tied in.It doesnt show any fittings on the part.

Archived