CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I did WOT. So what?

Finally, I did WOT I was talking about and waiting for opportunity so long.

After so much talk about it I realise I need to do it as soon as possible. Indeed, I drive car mostly in a city and for very short distance. 94 STS with 70K, and that winter I cleaned EGR. So I promised to myself to do the WOT when I go to my sister's in NJ. I warned my wife before doing that, switched to 2nd gear on a merge, accelerate as hard as I can and... didn't see any black smog coming out.

I was kinda surprised. Either my wife didn't look in a mirror carefully enough as I told to her, or there were not much carbone at all.

Congrats OldGamer,

We are all so proud of you. Finally a WOT to call your own.

Did your wife like it, or not so much?

My wife crabs about it, but I told her it is a neccessity of life! per Guru

Better hurry up and do more...for fun!

Congrats OldGamer,

We are all so proud of you. Finally a WOT to call your own.

Did your wife like it, or not so much?

My wife crabs about it, but I told her it is a neccessity of life! per Guru

Better hurry up and do more...for fun!

May be because I did WOT not from complete stop or may be because I prepared my wife a lot, instructed her how she should sit and such, she said after all it wasn't scary. Honestly I wasn't surprised too. The car went really straight, like it's nothing to her. Too bad I forgot to prepare computer diagnostic to check PD040, PD042 (I use regular). After ~ 6100RPM it shifted to 3rd gear as could be. I was surprised not to see any black smog, or may be I didn't accelerate enough? (I'm short and keep my seat far enough, cause I like seat comfortable, with straight legs). May be I was thinking about WOT too long, so I did it wrong. :lol::lol::lol:

Next time I will be prepared! :lol::lol:

Since I have been doing WOTs long before getting the info here my wife thinks it is b.s. not Guru that I'm telling her.

THAT is why I USE Guru! :lol: Print the thread for her! AND keep it in the glove compartment in case you ever get stopped :lol::lol: Uhh, officer I was just maintaining my car...SEE

Since I have been doing WOTs long before getting the info here my wife thinks it is b.s. not Guru that I'm telling her.

THAT is why I USE Guru! :lol: Print the thread for her! AND keep it in the glove compartment in case you ever get stopped :lol::lol: Uhh, officer I was just maintaining my car...SEE

Once (it was ~25 years ago) I was stoped by officer for speed. I told to him I tuned the carburator of my bike and just wanted to test it (I really did that a day before). He let me go. The funny thing is I was stoped by other officer on the same road in the same day when I drove back. That time I got a hole in my driver license. (Three holes in a license - you loose the license).

Where is the thread for Guru. I have tried doing a seach on the site but it does not come up with anything

Look under bbobynski

Where is the thread for Guru. I have tried doing a seach on the site but it does not come up with anything

Bbobynski -

"An last, but not least, air the engine out frequently. It likes to be used and red-line upshifts at WOT help promote clean combustion chambers, exercise the piston rings to keep them free of carbon buildup and keep them mobile and to ensure the engine is broken in and maximum sealing is obtained. The Northstar does not like to be babied around. It likes to be run hard frequently with a WOT blast in merging or whatever.... Even engines reported to use 1 quart per 1500 miles tend to improve to 2500 miles per quart or better when subjected to a regular schedule of use and "abuse"...

'

Another quote from bbobynski in another forum:

"It doesn' t hurt it to drive on the expressway in manual 2nd gear at 55 or so and go to WOT until it accelerates up to 70 or so and then just let off and let the engine slow the car with engine braking back to 50-55 (leave it in 2nd gear) and then do the WOT accel up to 70 again...etc... It won't hurt the engine and will clean the carbon out very well..."

Archived