CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Keyless entry help please?

IaBoy

My 1996 Deville came with no keyless remotes. Can anyone help me with the proper part number for the remote for this car? I realize I will have to get it programmed. Thanks

IaBoy,

I used an online GM Parts Catalog to look up the part number(s) for the remote keyless entry transmitter for your vehicle.

The "domestic" (as opposed to "export") part numbers are: 16259819 (#1) and 16259829 (#2).

Now brace yourself. . . for the first part, the dealer price is $83.54, with a "suggested retail price" of $146.54! For the second part, the dealer price is $81.35, with a "suggested retail price" of $142.71. (It is interesting that the prices are not identical.)

I must say that I was very surprised at how high these prices were! I was expecting the prices to be about half what they were. Perhaps you will find a less expensive means of acquiring good, used parts rather than buying brand new ones.

The same part numbers were used for all '96 - '97 Eldo/Seville/Deville vehicles. The part numbers are different for '98+ vehicles.

Good luck!

I used an online GM Parts Catalog to look up the part number(s) for the remote keyless entry transmitter for your vehicle.

And that online site would be . . . . . . . . ?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

BTW: I bought a brand new OEM Cadillac remote for $84 at http://www.keylessride.com

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

WarrenJ,

The online parts catalog that I used is a "subscriber" system, i.e., it is username/password protected. When I log on to the site from my GM computer, I bypass the security and have direct access to GM service parts information. It appears that this system is designed for use by automotive dealerships. I do not know if it is only for GM vehicles, or if it covers other automakers. (Interestingly, it does not give me access to Saturn service parts information. That's typical, though -- Saturn still operates a number of unique IT systems.)

The URL for the site I have used is: http://autoparts.proquest.com (Note there is no 'www' prefix.)

I'm afraid I have no idea what it takes to get subsriber access to this site. Perhaps you can find out and get access yourself. Maybe the cost (assuming there is one, which I expect is the case) is not unreasonable.

WarrenJ,

The online parts catalog that I used is a "subscriber" system, i.e., it is username/password protected.

RDWRIOR,

Thanks for the reply; I expected that might be the case.

BUT, one could always hope . . . . :D:D:D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

I don't know for sure on the 96, but when I bought my 97 STS they gave me a new key remote with it. It was not programmed so I just looked it up on the internet and printed out the instructions and did it myself. You use the climate control to program the key remote just like getting codes out. It took about 2 minutes.

I had called the local caddy dealer and they wanted something like $45 to program the remote and they never told me that I could simply do it myself.

Archived