CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Towing an SRX or STS 4 down?

JasonA

My parents are full-time RVers, and currently tow a lemon of a 2005 Grand Cherokee behind their '04 Monaco Dynasty coach. If the dealer has the Jeep one more week for problems (they're bringing it in on Monday), they're at 30 days according to the VA lemon law (where they bought it). You can read all about this circus here if you wish: http://forum.chryslerminivan.net/showthread.php?t=2109

Anyway, they're looking around at Cadillacs if they turn their Jeep in. Mom likes the extra space of an "SUV". Dad likes the Northstar. The SRX makes perfect sense, although they're also looking at STSes. With the Jeep, they can put the transfer case into neutral and tow it like that, with no damage to the drivetrain. I don't suppose there's a "neutral" position on the SRX eh? What are his options for towing 4 down? There are CV disconnect kits for towing FWD vehicles. I assume he'd have to do that same with the SRX, whether it be AWD or RWD.

Thanks for any advice!

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I have heard RV guys talk about an electric pump added to the trans line that circulates fluid and allowes them to tow an auto trans veh. I dont know if it works w/AWD but, I dont see why not.

Archived