CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Considering an XTS4-V

wyrmfood

I'm considering looking at a 2014 platinum XTS4-V for sale at a local dealership to replace my 2013 XTS4 lux. I've had my current XTS4 for a few years and have had no major repairs and it's in pretty great shape so no real need to upgrade/replace other than the step up to a platinum package. Both vehicles have about 88k miles. The V-sport is priced at about $19k and my trade should knock off about $9k of that.

My question is whether the V engine would be as reliable as a daily driver and if there would be any red flags I should look for if I do chose to look at the car. FWIW, retiring in a few years so this may be my last caddy purchase and I don't want to toss out a solid vehicle for potential troubles.

Thanks!

The Vsports used the LF3 twin-turbo 3.6L V6, transverse mounted.  In my experience the LF3/LF4 have been reliable engines.  The replacement cost of the engine would be significant, but hopefully not required.  There is some aftermarket tuning available, but if you want a reliable daily driver I would leave it stock.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube