CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

True cost of LYRIQ?

I am thinking of getting a LYRIQ sometime, so I thought I might want to go ahead and pre-order an AWD, 500 hp 2024 model.

Two issues -- one I can't find a build sheet to tell me what the price would be.  I know it is $60K for a rwd Lyriq or $64K for a AWD, but what option packages do they have?  The debut edition came with limited options, so I guess there were no option packages to worry over. 

The RWD Lyriq does 0-60 mph in around 5.7 sec, so no slouch.    The AWD improves that to 4.9 sec.

Second, for some reason the charging rate is less on the AWD as it apparently uses a different amperage, 60A vs 100A, for level 2 home charging:

Level 2: Faster than Level 1. Requires a 4-prong (240v) wall outlet or 240v hardwired charging unit installed by a professional electrician. Level 2 charging is the most frequently used type of charging for EV drivers. Adds up to 37 miles of range per hour of charging with a 60A/240v power source (MY23 AWD models) or up to 52 miles of range per hour of charging with a 100A/240v hardwired charging unit (MY23 RWD models). Level 2 uses a J1772 connector. The In-vehicle Maps app labels these locations as “Fast.”

Both models charge faster at 'commercial' fast chargers:

DC Fast Charging: Fastest charging available, done at public DC fast charging stations when away from your home charging location. Adds up to 76 miles of range in 10 minutes of charging or 159 miles of range in 30 minutes of charging (for both MY23 AWD and RWD models). 

Now the AWD has slightly shorter range (TBD) than 314 miles for RWD, so RWD takes 314/52 = 6 hours, and AWD 300/37 = 8 hours for an empty to full charge on a level 2 home charger.  I suppose that doesn't matter most days.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube