CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Blog Post: Less Torque Management Advance is better Torque Management Advance

This tune had a couple of fixes to try to eliminate the torque management advance. They were partially successful.

Tune-E1A-torque-mgt-advance-Capture.png

Previous run showed two spikes with up to 12 degrees of torque management advance; this run had one spike with only 4.2 degrees. Although there is still some TMA, this was progress.

I have been showing the graphs as xy graphs, hp to rpm for example, which is the way a dyno might show similar data. However, this does not consider the time aspect — it takes much less time for the engine to get to 4500 rpm than from 4500 to 6500 for example.

Scan-1EA-Time-XY-Capture.png

This shows time offset from hptuners scan along the X axis instead of RPM. My impression is that they are time in seconds of the scan. It is time correct, and RPM builds from left to right but I have not discerned a best way to show both the HP vs RPM and HP vs TIME on one chart yet.

This second chart is useful however for understanding when events occur in time — go WOT, tip-in and boost, torque, and RPM build rapidly. A largely flat torque curve that matches the boost curve.

The remaining TMA retard appears to coincide with rapid boost development. My next test will be to see if that is a limiter.

View the full article

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

TMA-to-pressure-delta-Capture.png

I have made progress in reducing the torque management advance (TMA) by RPM Limit Accel Thresh vs. Accel. However, there is still some TMA remaining. I suspect there were multiple sources for the TMA — we solved one. My next hypothesis is that there is some torque management advance coming from boost rate of increase exceeding the allowed pressure delta.

https://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/torque-management-advance-to-pressure-delta/

Bruce

For today’s test I increased the pressure delta. One test (pictured) had no TMA at all (yay)

E2AW2 torque to rpm Capture.PNG

Read more: https://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/torque-management-advance-one-more-source-slain/

Bruce

New sparkplugs, first scan to confirm I put it all back together correctly lol

https://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/scan-e3b-new-plugs-no-tma/

Bruce