CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

ATS-V charge cooler burp & refill

My manifold air temps are creeping up so I have ordered a Tapout Tyning kit to help burp/refill the charge coolant for the intercooler.

fill_kit.jpg

https://www.tapouttuning.com/product/tapout-ats-v-intercooler-fill-bleed-kit/

11498111-681F-4748-8647-BC50EE646D31.jpeg

The system uses a schraeder valve on a fitting ahead of the engine.

0423736B-5463-46E1-A071-A8FA19DBC1D0.jpeg

I also hope to do a vacuum refill but need the factory adapter or similar

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

GE-47716-30A.jpg

GE-47716-30A adapter -- connects to the schraeder valve and converts to an air/vacuum quick-release fitting.

Cooler Bleeder series 5 interface: https://www.coolerbleeder.com/product-page/series-5-adapter

b88b72_2b3e934f06854196ab5174539dc84ca3~

Bruce

Nunnally refill jacked.JPEG

Here is the ATS-v with the front wheels up on jacks (both sides) and the vent/refill kit in place.  After the vent/refill, now MAT temps fall steadily when the throttle is open.

IMG_5858.JPEG

The fuse box is open to allow a switch to power the intercooler pump.  The funnel has fresh dexcool feeding into the fill connection.  A dowel is used to depress the schraeder valve on the fill connection while the pump is run for 3 second bursts to induce the air to bubble out of the system.

Bruce

I have had success with the Tapout kit venting and refilling the charge cooler.  I still would like to do a vacuum refill.

I wanted to share my continuing science project to properly vacuum fill the charge cooler.  I have received the cooler bleeder series 5 connector, which will properly connect to the jiffy-tite quick-disconnect fill port on the ATS-V.  it converts that 1" connector to an 8AN then to a 1/2" NPT  female.  I assume the Cooler Bleeder then attaches to the 1/2" NPT and all is well; unfortunately I don't have a Cooler Bleeder, and they are not available / on back order.

I have a Mityvac coolant vacuum fill tool MV4535, but it has a different 1/4" quick disconnect than a standard air compressor connection.  The valve connection has a female quick-disconnect that would normally take a connector as on the extension hose below or on the MVA300 adapter, shown.  

I emailed mityvac to see if they had any advice.  My guess is I need to buy another $18 extension hose, Mityvac 823035,  then cannabalize it and put a 8AN to 1/2" hose barb on one end to effectively create an adapter from the Cooler Bleeder Type 5 adapter to the Mityvac system.

I have the GM GE part on order as well, but no telling when it may come along.  I can't tell very well what the connector on it is.  It is designed to be used with a $1K GM refill tool.

MVA300_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1616490695MV400 adapter

823035__31237.1625858370.jpg?c=1Extension hose

Close up of extension hose connector

IMG_5871.JPEGIMG_5868.JPEG

Bruce