CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1992 Seville Cylinder Liners

Hi Guys, I have recently purchased a 1992 Seville 4.9L V8 in the UK needing an engine rebuild. I need some O-rings for the cylinder liners I believe but don't know where to get the ones that are correct for my engine. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards

Alex

Thank you for that. All I know for definite is that the car is a 1992 Cadillac Seville 4.9L V8 with Port Fuel Injection. I need the cylinder sleeve o ring seals for it but they are an old part and no longer made. The OEM was 12337936 and from what I have found they were replaced by 01621807. I have searched for both of these numbers and have had no luck (other than some that might be correct on eBay UK). Does anyone know where I could find aftermarket ones or any that would replace the original ones. 

Any help would be greatly appreciate. 
thanks Alex 

30+ year old engine. I don't think anyone here has tackled the job. 

These guys seem to know the 4.9 pretty well. About 2/3 down the page they talk about the liners. Maybe a email to them will help figure out some gaskets. 

http://johns49performance.com/49-rebuilding-basics.html

Some '4.9L full block gasket sets' seem to have them. But not certain. 

4.9gasket.JPG

1 hour ago, Logan said:

30+ year old engine. I don't think anyone here has tackled the job. 

These guys seem to know the 4.9 pretty well. About 2/3 down the page they talk about the liners. Maybe a email to them will help figure out some gaskets. 

http://johns49performance.com/49-rebuilding-basics.html

Some '4.9L full block gasket sets' seem to have them. But not certain. 

4.9gasket.JPG

Thank you mate. I found out today that the kit seems to have them as well. Might still drop them an email but thank you so much for all of your help.