CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Update Re: My Headlights Suck

canadian95sts

I have gotten all the replies from my earlier post and have gone and purchased the SilverStar headlights for my car. I also re-aimed the headlights, as they were slightly out of adjustment. The result: AWESOME LIGHTS, i picked up the lights at a local performance shop. the overall cost was less than $200. Big difference, well worth the money, and it ,makes the car look even more kickass at night.

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "darn...that was fun!"

www.madd.ca

I've been thinking about switching to Silverstars for some time now and I think you just convinced me to go ahead and do it.

I'm curious, did you use the 9006's for low beams and 9005's for high beams or did you do the mods and use 9005's for low beams too?

Also, does anybody have any feedback on how long they last?

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

yeah, just put the silverstars on my low beam circuit...definitely made a big improvement...for another added plus...do the 4 step cleaning of your headlight lenses: polishing compund, cleaner and then the glaze...finish up with a good wax...gets rid of a bunch of the scratches that accumulate and make the pattern much more crisp and clear...jackg 90 seville 93k

I use silverstars in all my vehicles except my Caddy. I have HIDS and the suck too. The suck so much in fact, that when I pass other people on the highway some of them go out of there way to get right behind me and and but there high beams on me. When traffic allows I fall right in behind them and return the favor but only with a friendly flash. I would consider changing them to standard bulbs but I don't think that is feasible.

Jim White

when I pass other people on the highway some of them go out of there way to get right behind me and and but there high beams on me.

If your HIDS are OEM and you are getting the above reaction from other drivers, it might be worth checking your headlight adjustment.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I see references to aiming the headlights and I know where the adjusters are but is there someone out there who some suggestions for the the best way to aim them properly? I have a 94 Eldorado. Thanks

What's always worked for me, is to take a friend or realation with a car that has known good aim. (Excellent low and high beam focus without aggrivating oncomig drivers). Go fine a nice, flat parking lot with a wall you can park and point at...Behind our local supermarket later in the evening works well here, but a school, of any good, quiet parking lot with a building will work. Line up the two cars at an acceptable distance (100 ft?) with the low beams on the wall. Match the aim of the car you want to adjust to the one you feel has good adjustment. Switch to high beams and repeat. (There are adjusters for both). Repeat a few times for fine tuning, and go for a test drive. This method has worked great for me over the years.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Archived