CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

wiring diagram for rear levelride

CaddyMel

:blink: i am wondering if anybody out there has a wiring diagram for 1990 seville level ride the comp runs but i dont feel any air coming out of the airlines to shocks are there relays that control this ? if not can someone help me on how to trouble shoot this ? or should i just shoot it instead ? thanks to all who reply :D

Here is the diagnostic chart from my 91 manual (don't know if it applies fully). If you send me an email address by PM I can send you a bunch of scans. Does the compressor stop or continue running?

post-3-1112835876_thumb.jpg

If you have a leak in your system the compressor will run continuously. That your compressor starts and stops after 10 seconds is normal.. What are your symptoms? Is the rear low? Look at the ELC Height Sensor (pictured below) and inspect for a broken link on the actuating arm, a broken link COULD make the ELC system THINK it is at the correct height when it is not.

Also, when the compressor stops, go to the rear wheels and squeeze the rubber bladder on the rear strut to see if it is firm and that it contains air....

I replaced the compressor head assembly on my 91. This is a reed type compressor and if water gets into it the reeds can rust in place.. Let us know what you find.

post-3-1112875696_thumb.jpg

thaks for the diagram the comp runs but i dont get any air to the shocks [pulled line while comp is running] so it is really sounding like the reed valves i wont be able to get to it for a couple of wks but thank you all again and will keep you notified when prob is found once again thanks :rolleyes:

Disconnect the line at the compressor and then cycle the compressor (have someone lean on the rear of the car to activate the level control system) and see if you have air output from the compressor. If there is no pressure, the compressor head assembly will need to be replaced. You can buy just the head as a service part and you must seal it as well as the bolts with RTV.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived