CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

SRX re-do delayed

DETROIT -- General Motors has postponed the launch of the next-generation Cadillac SRX sport wagon because of the company's financial problems.

In a memo last month, GM Vice Chairman Robert Lutz told vehicle line executives the project had been delayed. The re-engineered SRX was scheduled to debut in 2008.

Sources say GM also killed plans for an SRX-V performance version. That decision was made late last year.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102109

The $4.5B GM spent to buy part of and avoid buying the rest of Fiat can't help.

He said the sport wagon will be pushed back only "a few months."

An interior freshening of the SRX planned for the 2007 model year is scheduled to proceed as planned, Morrissey said.

The real problem to me is that the SRX does not have the sleak athletic look that its competitors have. If you want to sell cross-over vehicles to the country club set, they should look elegant but athletic IMHO.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The real problem to me is that the SRX does not have the sleak athletic look that its competitors have. If you want to sell cross-over vehicles to the country club set, they should look elegant but athletic IMHO.

That's a fair assessment I think. The SRX has always seemed to be more performance based than elegant luxury vehicle. I have to say though, that here in DC SRX sales seem to be up as there are 3 in my neighborhood within a block radius of my house.

Having driven my mother's SRX and helping her shop for it, I have to say that the larger rear seat leg room and the huge sunroof were the selling points over other similar models. And, let's not forget about the 320hp Northstar!

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Archived