CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Anti-Theft

my 91 sevile has been giveing me a hartack. new keys, new lock cylinder and ecm. Still no start just says "starting dissabled, due to anti-theft system."

any ideas :(

Any codes coming up? Post any

Have you looked at the manual? I have a 91 manual, I will look it over, its possible that one of your door locks is defective, let me look it over, you certainly have replaced a lot, so it seems that it would be something else. I am sure there is a diagnostic on it. If I am not mistaken there is also an override, adallak has spoken about it, Mike

The new key must have the same resistance th eold one had. Did you compare the values?

Good point that is exactly what I read in the manual. Here is information from the manual, Mike

post-3-1112406375_thumb.jpg

I hope this is not redundant because you already have the manual, but here are the Troubleshooting Hints from 8A-133 in the manual. Check PCM-IGN Fuse 7 and make sure its not open. Mike

PS, who made the keys? Does Security System Indicator on dash light? Try unlocking each door individually. I have the manual, I can scan the diagnostics and circuit operation details if you don't have the manual. Send me a PM with an email address if you need it.. Mike

post-3-1112407064_thumb.jpg

Archived