CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

***Do you guys like original pinstripes?

Rob_M

I'm getting my car back today from paint shop. They painted everything black even the chrome strip that goes all the way around the car due to the sun damage and its irreplacability. Anyways, I have to tell the guy when i get there if i want the original gold cadillac pinstripes put back on or not. HURRY. I get it back in 3 hours. THanks!! ROB

P.S. Its a 93 STS Black on Black

I second that YES!

I put a gold pin stripe on mine, because I thought it looked drab with out it...

post-3-1112388426_thumb.jpg

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Thanks for the fast responses. You did hear I painted over that chrome strip that runs all the way around right? I had no choice. If it looks bad I can re chrome pinstripe that piece but mine was too far gone from the sun, it was yellowish. You guys are all great! I don't know about the exotic thing but I will see when I get there.

Well, I picked her up. She looked so good I couldn't do it. Me and the owner both decided that it looked so good that it did not need it. The car is solid black from head to toe. Black on black 93 STS. I will post pic's later when I get a chance. THanks for the replies. I really do appreciate it.

Were the old pinstrips tape or paint? If they were tape, they weren't original. Original pinstripes were painted-on. Yours may not have had them. My SLS has the accent stripe delete option (code YM5 on the RPO decal).

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

They were painted. You could really tell and I thought about that when I went to get it. Here's a pic of the new job. Hey Scott, I like those rims too!! I need some better pics, they're too far away.

post-3-1112595528_thumb.jpg

Lookin' Classy! B)

It has a "stealth look" to it, with all of the brightwork removed. The chrome wheels contrast nicely though.

Be sure to include some close-up reflection shots, when you take some more pics!

Oh, and thanks for the complement too! ;)

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

STS Scott is right. It does have that stealth look to it. Looks fantastic! I'm not a pinstripe guy myself but I've never turned my nose up to it either.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

Archived