CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Radiator leak by top engine cooler line

Cad1

Guys,

For those familiar with the 4.9L radiator arrangement. If you are looking directly at the car with the hood open there is an oil cooler line near the top right of the radiator, it is silver in color and screws into the radiator. The leak is not coming from the thread area where the line screws into the radiator but around the actual female fixture that plugs (appears to) into the radiator itself. I'm not sure how else to describe it but this piece seems to snap onto the radiator to accept the screw from the oil line. This piece must be loose and causing the seep; it doesn't appear to be something you can tighten. The piece on the radiator is metal and has a flange around it giving it a square shape. Hopefully someone can interpret this without a picture but I can get one if necessary.

Any chance this can be fixed or do I need to replace it? I have a bunch of bars leak in it.

Thanks

Cad1

178,xxx miles

92 Deville w/210k miles

I'm not sure how else to describe it but this piece seems to snap onto the radiator to accept the screw from the oil line.

The piece you described is actually engages the cooler which is inside of the radiator. You can turn it a little bit to tighten the contact between the cooler and the wall of the radiator end tank (which is plastic). I believe there is an o- ring which may leak. Use a big socket wrench to turn the mentioned piece. Hopefully the end tank does not leak (cracks are common) and you do not need to replace the tank or whole radiator.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived