CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Turn signals

sumdumgai

Your turn signal flasher, located under the left side of the dash under the sound insulator, could be about to go. Pick one up at any parts store and replace it and see if that does it.

Have someone sit in your car while you look at the rear end. Have them turn on the signals, hit the brakes and work the lights. The Seville is notorious for rear light problems. Changing the bulbs might only be a temporary fix. The real fix is usually the socket and wires from the bulb to the connector at the light harness. You will find all kinds of gremlins concerning the tail lights. More often than not the sockets and the wiring that leads to the harness is the fix. Been there, done that. The signals flashing more rapidly than normal is an indication that the above mentioned is the problem, and it is usually the fix.

I changed all my bulb harnesses in my seville and my two outside lights on the rear passenger side don't blink when the lights are on. They are fine though when the lights are off. All bulbs are good and left side is good. Right side always blinks fast also. So in general, you may never find your problem unless you rip apart your car. :(

Archived