CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CTS-V's circling Sebring

Bruce Nunnally

Jim Bourn at the racesite.com writes: http://www.theracesite.com/index.cfm?paget...rm_article=6565

Miscellaneous Twisty Bytes

Speaking of speed I heard that the CTS-V Cadillac's were turning 2:10's at Sebring during their recent testing sessions. The person relaying that information to me was concerned as Phil McClure's pole time last year was 2:12 something.

Personally I don't see a 2:10 as being overwhelmingly fast. Consider this.

Point A is that Sebring 2003 was the first race for the new RA1 Toyos.

Point B is that in 2003 the GT cars were over 2 seconds faster at Road Atlanta the second time around. Pole time was a 1:31 in mid season while that time wouldn't have gotten you into the top 15 at the end of the season.

Sure the track conditions were perfect in October but 2003 at Sebring was extremely hot and humid while temp haven't been that hot lately.

My prediction is that it will take a 2:09 or better to take the pole at Sebring in 2004.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

So The CTS's are beating last years pole position time by two seconds already, in practice?...Not bad! Shaving another second off to make the pedicted 2:09 shouldn't be too hard...

In any event, I'll be there..Yep, chanell 150 (Speed) on the satellite. ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

• 2 weeks later...

Updated editorial from

http://www.theracesite.com/index.cfm?paget...rm_article=6610

Has the series been handed to Cadillac?

Perhaps no new team has come into the World Challenge Series with as much hype, consternation and such as the coming of the Cadillac CTS-V. Has SCCA given too many concessions to the car going into the season? Will anyone be able to push the CTS early in the season to demonstrate the true potential of the car? What will be GM's reaction to a Corvette or Hayner's Pontiac GTO beating the Caddy's?

The cars were built and extensively tested last season in preparation for their assault on WCGT in 2004. The driver talent is certainly there with Andy and Max and the cars will undoubtedly want for nothing. It almost seems as if GM is committing heavily to the World Challenge Series with the Cadillac CTS-V and everyone is doing everything possible not to make the maiden voyage of the CTS a disappointment.

The talk around the camp fires is that the Cadillac's are turning 2.10's and even 2.09's at Sebring. Can anyone compete with that? In a couple of weeks all of the wondering and supposition will be answered as everyone will see what they really have.

And as with the Champion Audi Team Cadillac will have a third CTS-V available in case things get tight for the manufacturer's championship. Fans should expect to see that extra car in use as the manufacturer's crown could come down to the wire.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived