CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

slow computer?

whoeckh

1998 Seville STS Northstar

When I start the car the Idle is rough for a short period of time. There is also some smoke. both symptoms go away after a few minutes.

I have been told that i have a "slow computer" as indicated by the dash lights taking a few seconds to fully illuminate. After a week of that, the "Service Engine Soon" light came on. I brought it back for service and now they tell me my block is cracked and Cylender 2 and 7 are leaking coolant. Then I get the news its cheaper to replace the motor than fix it. :(

Any advice would be appreciated.

I brought it back for service and now they tell me my block is cracked and Cylender 2 and 7 are leaking coolant.  Then I get the news its cheaper to replace the motor than fix it.   :(

Any advice would be appreciated.

You say, you brought it for service, did you take it to a Cadillac dealer?

Something is wrong, cylinders 2 and 7 are NOT adjacent to each other to leak via a crack and I wonder what the odds are of the engine leaking from both heads? Or are you saying that they determined that; the block is cracked, plus #2 cylinder is leaking, and plus #7 cylinder is leaking? Hard to believe.

Have them give you a quote detailing the engine's problems on their letterhead and post it here if you can.

post-3-1111815398_thumb.jpg

Archived