CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CTS 4.1LT does 11.4s quarter

Bruce Nunnally

GM Hi-Tech Performance magazine (May 2004, Volume 10) has an article in the current edition on a guy, Tom Osiecki, who took the motor out of his 2003 CTS 3.2L, put in an 80's vintage 4.1L Cadillac 6 cylinder block with Grand National heads, and a turbo buick setup.

He is pushing 22 psi of boost, and made 419 hp at the wheels at 6100 rpm, 436 lb-ft of torque at 4800 rpm.

Apparently this custom 4.1L turbo-6 CTS can do the quarter mile in 11.42s at 121 mph. He is using a custom 200-4R transmission.

He does have a check engine light on, but the engine is workin just fine. The gauges work. He drives the car 350 miles a week, so it has to be reliable enough to get around and all. Tom reports the car weighs 3900 lbs as modified, which would suggest it picked up a few hundred pounds in the conversion, perhaps from the iron block and turbo plumbing?

As usual, GMHTP wasn't very positive on the CTS otherwise; it's not an F-body after all. Wake up, guys, real high tech performance going on over at Cadillac! They did a short on the CTS-V and their hope that some future chevy cars would derive from the new RWD Cadillacs. Of course, no thought that they could actually OWN and mod a CTS right now!

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

oh -- and videos of the Turbo CTS hybrid here http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/nhn2/l...case.yahoo.com/

caddy001.jpg

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

:unsure: Some heavy mods must have been done to that motor. The Turbo 6s of that era were conservatively estimated around the 250hp range. Even with the bigger bore of the 4.1 you still could not get the hp rating in the 400s. What other mods were done to that motor? I must say however thats a pretty cool set up.

Archived