CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Deville Speaker Sizes

96DeVille

Hello Again everyone. I am looking to upgrade my stock sound system in my 96 Deville, and I am not sure of the speaker sizes I should be buying (Doors mainly). I know the rears are 6x9s. Also, would this be a hard task? Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks.

post-3-1110777951_thumb.jpg

Yes, 5 1/4 and 6 x 9 in the rear. However be careful with the impedance, I replaced my LF 5 1/4 yesterday and the sound level is poor, I am told that the OEM impedance is 10 ohms where as the replacement speakers are 4 ohms. Not only that, it appears that (and I am not sure yet) that the crossover may be in the radio, so you and I might be stuck with new speakers with a crossover that is designed for the old speakers... I am working on this over the next week.. and will post more

Yes, 5 1/4 and 6 x 9 in the rear.  However be careful with the impedance, I replaced my LF 5 1/4 yesterday and the sound level is poor, I am told that the OEM impedance is 10 ohms where as  the replacement speakers are 4 ohms.  Not only that, it appears that (and I am not sure yet) that the crossover may be in the radio, so you and I might be stuck with new speakers with a crossover that is designed for the old speakers...    I am working on this over the next week.. and will post more

NO the drivers are 4 ohms! Not 10 ohms as I was told...

Check this thread out

http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=5240

Yes, 5 1/4 and 6 x 9 in the rear. However be careful with the impedance, I replaced my LF 5 1/4 yesterday and the sound level is poor, I am told that the OEM impedance is 10 ohms where as the replacement speakers are 4 ohms. Not only that, it appears that (and I am not sure yet) that the crossover may be in the radio, so you and I might be stuck with new speakers with a crossover that is designed for the old speakers... I am working on this over the next week.. and will post more

By the way, that was a RUSHED judgement, the sound level is good, and the sound quality was good. I was rushing to a party and didnt have time to listen to it carefully.

Are the speaker sizes on all Cadillacs the same? I know that the 6x9 are pretty much a givin but is 5 1/4 the standard cadillac speaker size? Just curious! <_<

Can't help with that but if you have the manual it is in there I believe, Mike

Archived