CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

SERVICE RIDE CONTROL

seabass

WHAT DO I DO TO REMOVE THE "SERVICE RIDE CONTROL" OFF MY DASH?

SEABASS

93 STS

Posting the codes like tmpafford suggested would help. For an immediate fix to the Service Ride Control message just push the Information button once. Poof! It's gone. I get that at start up too but everything appears to be working properly (see that Pat...) so I'm not really concerned. I think a wire got bumped on my rear right wheel area. I'll have a closer look when I swap the winter tires for the summers.

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

maydog has a post on this board u need :rolleyes: 50watt resistors i hope u still have the rest of the wire jusy solder the resitors to the old wire and pug in

I like wise replaced my active struts with passive ones. I measured the resistence on the old struts and it was 2 ohms, not 50 ohms. I'm not quite sure what a 50 ohm power resistor would do. There was also a similar post were someone used a 10 ohm power resistor. Another procedure gave instructions for disabling the ride control message via the DIC. It didn't work for me.

For now I just push the information button as memtioned in a prior post.

I had a '94 ETC that had an intermittent "service ride control" warning for 72K miles. when I sold it I told the buyer about it and he said that his '92 Eldo was the same way. I chased the problem for three or four years then gave up. Three struts, two linnier and on radial ride hight sensors, one ride control computer. Always set the codes on the right front. I've talked to four other people who had '94 and'95 Eldos and they too had problems with the Rt. front. I once drove the car to Maine and back and the light didn't come on until I was 0.3 of a mile from my driveway. When I sold the car it had two codes set for the Rt. front, Solenoid open and Solenoid Shorted, 016 & 017 I think. I bought a set of passive struts and had an appointment to have them installed, but the buyer wanted the car on Saturday instead of waiting until Monday afternoon. I still have the struts. I'll use them on something.....wonder if they'll fit my Yougo? :D

10 ohm, 50 watt resistors will not work on a 93. The system is different.

There is a guy Goodyr at cadillacforums.com who has had success getting rid of the message by using old fuel injectors. There is a lot of discussion on it there i do not care to repeat at this time.

http://maydog.dyndns.org/www/struts/

Archived