CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hi, so i wake up one random morning and my 2010 cts is completely dead.  The message on the display says "battery volts low".  i get my battery recharged fully at Canadian tire and reinstall.  Car starts perfectly with no issues.  I let it run for half hour then drive it around the city.  All is still fine.  no voltage drops when i drive around.  volts drop from about 14.5 to around 12 when idling while parked.  i think this is normal.  however.  the next morning i go to start it and it is completely dead again.  this time its so dead my display is non-functional, my key fob cant lock or unlock the doors, and have absolutely zero power to anything.  I assume there is some sort of parasitic drain since the battery died overnight from a 100% full charge.   Maybe an alternator problem.  i really have no idea whats causing the power loss overnight.   any insights??  im not overly familiar with running my own parasitic drain tests.  

I would not rule out a bad battery; seems it may be losing a cell (or an internal open).  Takes a charge, works when engaged, then drops out when idle.  I have seen this myself with an almost new (4 month old) motorcycle battery and have seen similar symptoms listed on other car forums.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Archived