CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Cd changer

I am now looking at a 97 STS thanks to you guys I changed my mind and relized that 160 000 miles is taking a risk on a 99. The 97 is everything I want it was just painted black, black interiour chrome 97 wheels I couldn't ask for more and it only has 97,000 miles. But the cd changer in the trunk doesn't work what could be causeing this and how much are they to replce? Thanks. Also there is a sensor or something gone, the car won't start in 1st gear. He said he would get the sesor fixed but I was wondering what was causeing this? It takes off so slow HA HA HA! I don't want that but the traction control works fine and everything I don't know what it could be!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

You can buy a decent 6 disc changer with remote at best buy for less than $100 and wire it up yourself the same day... My 1993 developed the dreaded CD ERROR and the CD player in the dash no longer worked. Instead of paying over $300 for a new one from the dealer (and after failing to find a place that could properly service a Delco Bose head unit) I just installed a changer in the trunk and couldnt have been happier. I think it would probably be less aggravation to just replace it.

stswulf, interrupt the power to the changer and then try again... if it still will not eject, I think our friends screwdriver and/or hammer may be of some assitance - it may be worth it to replace your CD player as well.

Also there is a sensor or something gone, the car won't start in 1st gear. He said he would get the sesor fixed but I was wondering what was causeing this? It takes off so slow HA HA HA! I don't want that but the traction control works fine and everything I don't know what it could be!

Find out what that is before you buy this car! It's a heckuva lot cheaper to install a CD changer into a Seville that didn't have one than to possibly replace a transmission in a Seville that does have one. It could be a simple fix, but don't buy that car without knowing what that problem is!

Maybe I missed it, but what's wrong with your '93? Sounds like you already have a great Seville, why trade for something with unknown problems?

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

LOL! I have said this before on other posts! But he is going to figure out whats wrong with this car and he is getting it fixed before I buy it from him! I know most of the history of the car. I know the person that is selling it! If you can beilive it he is buying the 99 that I was wanting so he needs to get rid of his 97 first! The person who is selling the 99 is selling because he just bought an 01 STS! :lol: There are not alot of cadillac STS's going so I know most of the people who own them!

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Somehow get the door open without breaking it. I took the whole unit apart and disconnected it fro the trunk. I think it is like 15 screws, but to get the front off, you have to take the outside metal case off. A butterknife slid in the right side of the mag can pop it out. Then find out what is causing it to jam. It usually means the door is stuck. I took my door off, because it was broken. There are two small black connections on the motherboard for the door. i used super glue to glue one closed. I put it all together, and it works great, just without a door.

Archived