CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2004 Silverado

JohnnyG

I picked up my 2004 Silverado tonight. Sandstone/chrome running boards & wheels, extended cab, short bed, 5.3. It's a company lease, so I don't get the courtesy "fill up" at the dealership. No big deal, I work for an oil company. So I head straight for the nearest gas station and what do I discover? The "tether" for the gas cap is too short to reach the hook inside the filler door! So I'm filling my $30,000 truck with $35.50 worth of gas with the gas cap hanging down on the new paint and thinking to myself... Now THIS is why American made vehicles get such a BAD rap. It took me all of 5 minutes (3 miles on the clock) to find the first flaw, now THAT sucks!

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Hi Johnny

That's called nitt picking I use an 03 silverado at work sometimes and take it home when i need a pickup They are pretty nice pickups almost like a car on the inside..ride good too only thing i don't like but thats in all pickup you don't get good rear wheel traction When I drive it in the rain I'm always spinning the rear wheels on take off..or that could be just a lead foot..

Jim

Well, I suppose you could call it nitpicking, after all, the setup in my '99 STS just plain stinks. But they managed to get one that worked in my '99 Silverado, so how do you explain the step backwards? Was the guy just absent from class the day they taught him how to pick the right part off the shelf or what?

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Hi Johnny

I was just kidding about nitt picking it seems there is always some minor issues with almost any car or truck.I'm trying to recall if I ever owned a car or truck that didn't have some minor issue I can't think of any that I didn't have an issue with something.

Cheers

JIm

Archived