CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

bbobynski's CTS-V

Bruce Nunnally

Ok, I see you traded the Bonneville GXP in for a CTS-V now.

What do you think so far?

Can you make the factory performance numbers? B)

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The axle tramp (wheel hop) is a suspension tuning issue though? I recognize that a fully independent suspension is more prone to this than a solid rear axle muscle car. But my impression from looking at causes/remedies was that this was something that can be addressed in suspension tuning, or additional hardware like the is available for the Cobra aftermarket -- http://www.rpmoutlet.com/03cobrahard.htm ?

Not that I would trade solid cornering for many .1's in the quarter mind you, but now that we got past all the OH-My-God FWD Torque steer sneers from the glossy mags it would be nice to see on Cadillac review without OMG RWD wheel hop!

I would think loud and brash will fit right into the marketing for this car though. It seems like a dynamite package, and very very competitive for the price. Would one rather have a track-only (as the BMW faithful describe it) M3 or a CTS with more room and equivalent performance? Bah -- I remember reviews where the mags said the M3 was better than a C5 Corvette because it put up similar numbers and had 4 doors!

Does the CTS-V shift quality improve after it is warmed up a bit, or was this the result of tuning to the early magazine reviews?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Very jealous as I hear there will be no DTS-V. I have my eye out for the CTS-V down the road, so to speak.

Brad

----------------------------

1999 Deville Concours [sOLD]

Blk/Blk w/gold package

Archived