CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

swap or just looking.....

friend of mine blew out the headgaskets on his stock 86 4.1 and that filled the engine with coolants and all nasty stuff, giving me the cadillac because he doesnt want to mess with new engine. After riding in my other friends 4.9 L that hung with a camaro until about 60 mph, i want it. Would a 4.9 drop into the 86 Sedan Deville without all kinds of chhanging up mounts and stuff? if it wont oh well can anyone let me know where i can find a decent 4.1 AND TRANNY to put in my cadillac, his is going out and I dont want to mess with tranny work. ANY EMAILS WELCOME!!!!!! (i often forget that i post messages up on forums) Musikid10@aol.com thanks everyone...

Ricky

These people http://www.remanufactured-engines.com/page11.htm seem to have a good handle on the HT4100 engine.

There are some enthusiasts putting 4.9L's in other cars, so certainly it is possible, but probably not simple.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Would a 4.9 drop into the 86 Sedan Deville without all kinds of chhanging up mounts and stuff?

All the transverse 4.x engines are externally quite similar. You'd need the 4.9, matching 4T60-E transaxle, engine wiring harness, PCM, etc.. If A.I.R. is required for emission purposes, parts from a 1990 4.5 would help.

Archived