CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Heater hose sections

jhall

Hi,

I'm installing new head gaskets in my '97 Deville. While I've got the engine out, I'm doing work under the hood.

I want to replace the heater hoses with the same type of hose that was applied by the factory at the short joints rather than use the standard over-the-counter rubber style. Is this a high temp silicone hose??

Does anyone know where this can be purchased (other than the dealer <_< )? If possible, I'd like to use the specialty hose up to the surge tank.

jhall,

You can get all hoses at www.rockauto.com They sell OEM parts at very good prices. Their customer service is good as well.

Good luck.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Hi,

I'm installing new head gaskets in my '97 Deville. While I've got the engine out, I'm doing work under the hood.

I want to replace the heater hoses with the same type of hose that was applied by the factory at the short joints rather than use the standard over-the-counter rubber style. Is this a high temp silicone hose??

Does anyone know where this can be purchased (other than the dealer <_ if possible i like to use the specialty hose up surge tank.>

It is silicone hose because of the heat and how hard they are to replace. I got mine from the dealer along with the heater pipes that run along the back side of the engine since they are all but impossible to get at once the engine is back in the car.

Dennis

Archived