CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Turning Off Curb View Assist Mirror

jndnaps

I have a 98 Eldorado with the passenger side Curb View Assist Mirror for backing up and I can't stand it. Anyone know how to turn it off? Or is there a way? Doesn't show that it can be turned off in the manual.

Also, My drivers side mirror is bad. Looks like the auto dimming part of the mirror broke and the mirror is very smoky looking. I know they usually yellow, but this one is very foggy/smoky looking.. what do I have to do to fix that? Or, Do they make a replacement mirror that will stick over the old one? Thanks.. Check back later.. John..

1355177301_Caddy2.thumb.jpg.40dfc05e0861db8b3e74deec4f75cc76.jpg

Yeah, First have the right key, if you are driver No.1 , only those settings will change. You have to use the other key for driver #2. On your DIC, Engine off, Key on, go to the end (scroll up) where it says "Feature Programming" Hold the "On/Off" button in until the display changes to the first programmable feature. Using the On/Off button, change the little BLUE On/Off light to turn off each feature.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Thanks JohnnyG.. I looked all through the owners manual and didn't see it. But after reading your reply, I looked up the DIC in the manual and BOOM, There it was.. Thanks again..

Now what can I do for the drivers side mirror?

Again, My drivers side mirror is bad. Looks like the auto dimming part of the mirror broke and the mirror is very smoky looking. I know they usually yellow, but this one is very foggy/smoky looking.. what do I have to do to fix that? Or, Do they make a replacement mirror that will stick over the old one? Thanks again.. Check back later..

That's not a repairable item.....Now for the bad news, a replacement is like $300.00! Maybe somebody on this board can help with Caddy Parts.com or something, I have absolutely no luck on the web looking for Caddy stuff.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Thanks again JohnnyG for the reply. Well that really sucks... I heard from a buddy that I can get a replacement mirror and stick it right over the old one. Only he doesn't remember where to get them. If it was only yellow it wouldn't be so bad, This one looks like something shorted out and cooked the mirror big time..

Archived