CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Codes, codes and more codes!

ronstone

I've recently reset the error codes in my 96 Concours, but here are the history codes I have. Can anyone recite the meanings off the top of their heads?

PC0325

PC0603

IP1552

IP2144

PZ1970

PZ1971

PZ1982

PZ2470

PZ2471

PZ2472

PZ2473

PZ2476

PZ2255

PZ2152

That's an awful lot. I never had these a few months ago when I checked. I get a Service Engine Soon light every now and then and to check my Emissions warning.

Thanks,

Ron

P0325 Knock Sensor 1 Circuit Malfunction Bank 1 or Sensor 1

P0603 PCM Keep Alive Memory (KAM) Error

IP1552 (Might be Loss of PZM Keep Alive Memory (KAM))

IP2144 (COULD NOT FIND EASILY)

PZ1970 Exterior Lamp Power Fault

PZ1971 Inadvertant Power Fault

PZ1982 Battery Voltage Too High

PZ2470 Daytime Running Lamps Fault

PZ2471 Interior Lamp Fault

PZ2472 Low Beam Output Fault

PZ2473 High Beam Output Fault

PZ2476 Park Lamp Output Fault

PZ2255 Generic Loss of Serial Data (Source of ID Unknown)

PZ2152 Loss of Serial Communications - HVAC Programmer

GIVEN THE OTHER TOPIC YOU POSTED ABOUT STARTING / STARTER / BATTERY>>> The first thing I would do if I were you is to thoroughly clean the battery (positive) and (negative) terminal connections, and that means to carefully take apart the positive cable (remove rubber insulator and the two POSITIVE cables come apart and you can clean the lug that connects the two wires). WATCH HOW THIS CABLE COMES APART SO YOU CAN ASSEMBLE IT AGAIN, THERE IS A LUG made of LEAD, BRASS WASHER and LONG BOLT. Corrosion gets into this connection, white acidy stuff (protect your eyes and skin). Do the same with the negative (but there is only one wire there). I just did mine last night. Go to your local auto parts store and buy battery terminal spray and spray all the connectors when you get them apart to clear the oxidation and corrosion. I also wire brushed my connections. That is where I would start, your codes will be cleared at that point and you can start over knowing you are making a good connection at the battery. If you see any (-) grounds to the frame you could remove and clean them also. Mike

The longer the code list the better :D since it clearly idicates bad cable or connections. Follow Scotty's detailed instructions and you'll be fine.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

This is one of the best member supported forums I've ever have the pleasure to be a part of. Thanks everyone! I'm off to get some battery terminal spray, and start the process of cleaning everything I can get my hands onto.

Will keep everyone posted.

R

This is one of the best member supported forums I've ever have the pleasure to be a part of. Thanks everyone! I'm off to get some battery terminal spray, and start the process of cleaning everything I can get my hands onto.

Will keep everyone posted.

R

Why thank you, it will even be better if we solve your problem! :lol: Definately report back your results, it helps our experience base

It is improtant when terminating the positive cable that the cables do not swivel, it is an indication of the positive lug bottoming out rather than fastening cables. This will cause the auto to shut off abruptly, an indication that that your + terminal lug is loose prior to the complete shut off is the raido resetting. clock changing time ect..

Julio

Archived