CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

92 eldorado ECM

wreldo

It all started form a busted heater hose and antifreeze all over the engine conpartment. My ISC stop working--car does not start normal when cold. I have to press the gas pedal a little to get it started and it idles low when cold. I replace the ISC motor and now I can't get it to Idle down from 2k rpm. I haved followed all the steps on the board for the ISC and still no results.The ISC motor searches for the right position when I turn off the engine but never find the right setting --it stays extended. I went to the cadillac dealer today, totally frustrated and gave them a shot at adjusting it. The Tech got the same results as I did for the last two days of troubleshooting.The Tech tells me my TPS is bad. I have disconnected the ISC connector from the computer harness to see if it will set a code EO30. Nothing happens no code for the ISC.

Codes on DIC:EO22 (open TPS signal (VCC), EO52, EO75( Intermittent VSS signal), all are history. I'm thinking that I may have a bad ECM because it does not set a fault when I have the ISC disconnected from the computer. Members please advise on what should be my next part that I throw at this problem. I'm strongly thinking that its my ECM. I observed the dealer's tech start the Idle learn Procedures at step 6 according to the board procedures and then let the car idle for the spec time, What do you think of that? $78.00 at the dealer for the troubleshooting or trying to adjust my ISC, and I'm not convinced that the TPS is my problem.

Thanks bboby, I have checked the throttle switch also and the icon is on when the accelerator pedal is in the idle position. When I press on it, then the icon goes off and come back-on when I release it. I have performed every step in your reply and the ISC will not park at the proper start position. The car will idle normal (450-500) when I have the ISC fully retracted. I had a service throttle body code and cleaned the tubes inside and code went away. Today, I finally caught up with my really excellent cadillac tech (semi-retire), and he doesn't charge me $78.00 an hour for labor. We will see what he finds and I'll keep you posted..

Thanks bboby, I have checked the throttle switch also and the icon is on when the accelerator pedal is in the idle position. When I press on it, then the icon goes off and come back-on when I release it. I have performed every step in your reply and the ISC will not park at the proper start position. The car will idle normal (450-500) when I have the ISC fully retracted. I had a service throttle body code and cleaned the tubes inside and code went away. Today, I finally caught up with my really excellent cadillac tech (semi-retire), and he doesn't charge me $78.00 an hour for labor. We will see what he finds and I'll keep you posted..

Just in case you turn the plunger all the way in and still cannot get the necessary gap do not be afraid to cut a piece of the screw off to make the plunger shorter. I had to do that to my ISC motor. It works fine.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Update on high idle problem, the computer generated a code for the tps fault, and I had it replaced along with another ECM. Now, it runs runs like a cadillac should. I got quite upset when the ISC was not responding to the adjustments that the boardmembers said it would. However, I kept the faith and started looking for other problems and found that it was not the ISC but other bits and bytzes. Thanks everyone for all the great input.

WR

Archived