CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fuel Pressure Regulator

maremrak

I just spent an hour on the archives, and could not find a single explanation on how to actually replace the FPR. Since it sits on the fuel rail, can it just be lifted after removing the clip, or some other procedure must be performed? Do I need to re-pressure the fuel rail system? Any help appreciated before I go to the dealer to get ripped off.

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

GM Parts Direct listed two different FPR kit's, one "...used with stainless steel fuel rail (second design)..." and the kit "...first design...", for my STS 95. I recently got the fuel rail replaced under the recall, so I am wander if the dealership was suppose to replace the FPR also. What FPR should I get? Can anyone give me any input on this? Thanks.

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

You will have to depressurize the system before you remove the FPR. If you've had the fuel rail replaced, then you need the one for that design. However, if it was redisigned, then it had to be changed when the FPR was done. I was under the impression that they both used the same one and that the old one was simply swapped from the old rail to the new rail.

Larry, it looks like they just put the old one with the new fuel rail. I'll see if I can convice them to exchange the FPR with no labor cost. If they do not want to do it, how hard it is to do it, after the system is depressurized?

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

Fat chance they will change anything for nothing. I have never had to change one yet but looking at mine it looks very simple. Depressurize the system, pull the retaining clip, remove the FPR, install a new one and put the retaining clip back in. Can't take more than :10 min.

i watched the mechanic change mine, took a minute or two. Also he put a generous amount of jelly type grease all around the sides. And theres a screen below it in the housing, check it to see if it needs replaced.

* 1966 Deville Convertible

* 2007 Escalade ESV Black on Black

* 1996 Fleetwood Brougham Black on Black V4P -Gone
* 1983 Coupe Deville Street/Show Lowrider -Gone

* 1970 Calais 4dr Hardtop GONE
* 2000 Deville DTS - Silver with Black Leather and SE grille GONE
* 1999 Seville STS - Pearl Red GONE

Archived