CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Happy New Year

JIMDTS

Happy new Year Everyone

Day off today. So I had some time to wash my cars by hand sure beats the car wash..A Balmy mids 50's today.. I spent the morning reinstalling all the software clean install on my PC darn GM service manuals mess up Internet explorer I could not play video clips on msnnbc a java conflict So I have a spare hard drive which I'll set that one up in the PC for stuff like that..I just need the time to do it.

Well Off to ring in the New Year

Have A Good One

Cheers

Jim

Happy New Year to everyone!!

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

Happy new year, Jim, Marika, and everyone else!

I spent the evening so far wrenching a crusty piece of rubber hose off our SLS so I can replace it in the morning. As I laid under the car, I realized that there's a LOT of oil under there. The oil pan is soaked. The block above the pan is dry, so I know it's not a case-half leak. It almost appears (unfortunately) to be a leak on the front cover gasket...near the left-hand alignment dowel at the bottom. Gasp. I'm not sure how much the coolant leak has washed the oil pan, though, so I'll look into the oil leak once the cooling system is tight. I can handle an oil drip or two, but coolant leaks really worry me. I might put some Pennzoil High Mileage back in it and see if that helps seal the front cover area.

I can't remember when she got her last bath, to be honest. She's only had about 50 miles in the last month. I've left her on her side of the garage for a while, and I've driven either the truck or the van to work. After I get her buttoned back up, I'll drive her again regularly.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived