CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

HVAC BLOWER MOTOR

Ranger

I received my blower motor today from GMPD. It looks nothing like the one that's in the car. It only has 3 mounting screws and the original has 5. I emailed GMPD that they sent the wrong one. It is a "special order" electrical part so I am a bit concerened about their response. The strange thing is when I go to the AC Delco site and put in the information for my car I get a picture of the same blower that they sent me. Is it possible that they changed the design and I have the correct one?

I had the old one out today to take it apart, clean and test it then put it back together. I'd hate to think that I could have put the new one in then. I know several of you have had replaced blowers. What was your expirience? At a quick glance it didn't even look like the mounting holes lined up?

The new design should have an aluminized heat shield. The 3 screws will hold it securely.

I've attached a photo to help you with the install orientation. I also needed to remove the bracket screw that held the blower's electrical connector. This allowed for enough yield to snap the connectors together. I then used a plastic cable tie to secure the connectors.

post-3-1104388453.jpg

Got it installed this morning. Sure was a tight fit. It did not want to go in. It took a big pry bar and more than a little persuasion but I now have heat again.

Archived