CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Changed Motor/Switch Assembly...Trunk won't close

audioguy99

My trunk stopped closing properly about a week ago. First I changed just the switch at the pull-down assembly ($18). Then, it still wouldn't work so I was thinking maybe the motor was going bad so I got a new one ($50). So, I have a whole new assembly but the trunk still won't close.

Here's the catch...if I manually lower the latch and then connect the switch it will work fine going up every time. But when I close the trunk again, nothing. Any ideas?? Any ideas on where I could get a wiring diagram if I need to rewire due to a short? Could it have something to do with the latch on the trunk hood? Help!!

Thanks,

Jonathan

What would the latch on the hood of the trunk have to do with it? The trunk pop still works fine, it just won't pull the trunk down and seal after it's latched. The entire pull-down assembly, switch and motor, have been replaced. That's what has me stumped!!

Audioguy,

Which switch did you replace? The one on the trunk lid or the one on the pull-down motor? I had trouble with that upper switch AND :angry: the pull down motor its-self.

It is possible that the upper switch is out of adjustment or bad. With the pull down extended, depress the upper switch and the pulldown should retract. If it dosen't you can take the switch out of the circut and jumper the connections to see if the pulldown works. If it does, replace that switch. If not, the wiring may be broken where it jumps from the trunk lid to the cars body.

Good Luck & Happy New Year :D

Britt

Britt

Archived