CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fuel Pressure Regulator

PAUL T

I have been pricing a Fuel Pressure Regulator for my 92 Deville from about everyone online and local. I usually go to gmpartsdirect, but they do not have parts for a 92. The local dealership said I could get it for $95; NAPA was $121; another local parts supplier $97; Advance auto parts $75. Online the lowest price was $83. My question is can I depend on Advance (they have a guarentee) or go with OEM for $95? I can probably talk to the local dealership and get a few more dollar off. What do you think? Anyone know where I can do better?

Just got the same part for my 95 etc from gmotors.com (brasington cadillac) for about $100.

Go to www.gmotors.com and tell them what you want. Its all email, but you get the right oem part at a good price.

My question is can I depend on Advance (they have a guarentee) or go with OEM for $95? I can probably talk to the local dealership and get a few more dollar off. What do you think? Anyone know where I can do better?

I sincerely recommend OEM. I used to work at Advance, and some of the brands we sold there really were cheap. Especially the GP Sorsenson brand. They usually worked okay, but we had a lot of returns. Many parts have a lifetime guarantee, but they bank on you not owning the car long enough for the part to fail. If it does while you still own it, it's still a hassle on your part to remove the part, take it in, and swap it. Especially if the price difference between Advance and OEM is about 20 bucks, I'd sure go with the AC-Delco brand. Advance may be able to order the AC-Delco brand for you cheaper than online, but that's the only brand I personally would get...AC-Delco.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived