CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Entry / Exit

Dadillac

A small problem, maybe you all can help me. I have the exit feature set, so the driver seat, moves back, to make exit easier. I also have the wheel tilt up, and forward. When I press the open feature on my key fob, to unlock the doors, the driver seat, moves forward. The wheel doesn't move, to my preset, until the car is started. Is there a way, to have the seat stay in the exit position, until the car is started? Thanks

Don

"Modern warriors saddle iron horses of chrome."

I am not sure about your car, but my '02, is easy to set the memory. Just position everything, where you want it, hit the memory button, then press 1 or 2, within like 5 seconds, and it is set. One of the most uncomplicated things on the car. Now, if I can just figure out how to change the headlight fluid. :D

Don

MY 98 ETC HAS TWO KEY FOBS, ONE FOR EACH OF THE TWO MEMORY BUTTONS. I USE ONE KEY FOB FOR ONE SEAT POSITION WHICH I SET TO BE IN THE EXIT POSITION. SO WHEN I OPEN THE CAR DOOR WITH THAT KEY FOB, THE SEAT STAYS IN THE EXIT POSITION. TO MOVE THE SEAT FORWARD, I JUST HIT THE OTHER MEMORY BUTTON ON THE DOOR PANEL. TO EXIT I JUST HIT THE EXIT BUTTON.

Yes. You have to go into the programing mode and it gets set in there to do either;

1. Move to the preset condition when the car is unlocked with the FOB or,

2. When the car is started.

Your manual(s) should step you through it. You can also turn on/off various features, such as right hand mirror moving to view the curb when the car is in reverse and so on ...

Jim

I think that the only option is that when you hit the fob, the seat assumes its preset option

Maybe I missed the original question.

On my 2001 STS I changed the position so it "would" stay in the exit position "until" I started the car. When I first got the car car, when the FOB was hit it would move the seat from the exit position too the preset (move closer to the steering wheel) condition.

On the exiting side it can be programmed to move to the exit position when the car is turned off "or" when the drivers door is opened.

What I don't know is can the seat be programmed to where it "never' moves from the preset condition. In the exit position there isn't much leg room for the drivers side, back seat passenger.

There should be a suppliment to the owners manual detailing how to set this option up.

Jim

I fixed the problem, by going into feature programming. I set the option "remote recall memory" to off. I guess in the on position, the car goes to preset position, by hitting the fob. But, the steering wheel, wouldn't move with the fob. I don't know, but it works fine now. As far as setting the seat, to never move, just set your exit button, the same, as your preset position. I will assume, that your car is very similar, or identical, to my '02. After you have entered the car, and you are set where you want to be, just hit the memory button, and then the exit button. That should do it. Then, your preset, and exit, will have the same settings.

Don

Archived