CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Looking for seat belt help for Fleetwood Brougham

Passenger front seatbelt has a broken retractor spring. This is the obnoxious dual retractor set up in the door.

Can't find any at my local junkyards or eBay. Would anybody happen to have the OEM part number for the passenger front retractor assembly? Or maybe you know what other GM models shared this set up?

Thanks!

1990 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance

Did the spring break or just come dislodged from the shaft?

If it is the flat type spring, you could heat it and form a new end.

This the RWD car correct? If so, I believe the Caprice Classic had the same setup but am not sure. You could buy a belt assembly and swap out the springs.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

This the RWD car correct? If so, I believe the Caprice Classic had the same setup but am not sure. You could buy a belt assembly and swap out the springs.

Thanks, it is the flat spring, tried forming a new end and it worked a few times then broke again.

I'll take a look at the Caprice Classic.

Thanks, it is the flat spring, tried forming a new end and it worked a few times then broke again.

I'll take a look at the Caprice Classic.

You need to heat the end of the spring, form it, then quench it in water. If you just cold formed it, there will be residual stresses and that is why it will break in short order. I would think the spring in question is common to just about all GM cars the more I think about it,

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived