CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

If Only Cadillac...

Bruce Nunnally

While I'm not sold on the "new" Caddy styling... I am considering purchasing a new 04 CTS-V right now. It's the closest thing to a 4-door Corvette on the market! I will have to get rid of my STS, but I think it's a good trade-up! Now... about those payments...

Caddy customers were treated like Corvette owners years ago... but now Corvette owner's are just another "Chevy" owner too. I don't want special treatment, but for spending an extra $20 plus you think they'd do something different as compared to a Pontiac owner or something. I remember going to the dealer when my Grandfather drove Cadilac's and thinking he must be somebody really important the way they treat him here (hey, I was like 6 or 7), now you're just someone earning your salesman a check. I went in "X" dealer to look at the 04 CTS-V the other day in my "work" clothes and was virtually ignored, but when I returned in my STS and a little cleaner I had vultures following me thru the showroom... of course I went to the only guy that talked to me when I was in my work clothes the previous day!

How about a dealer that just sells Caddy's and Vette's? It would be nice for owner's but not for GM I'm sure!

This is in reference to the statement about the bumper to bumper warrenty on Kia. I believe that it is a bumper to bumper. I dated a girl that had a kia rio and they would even replace the windshield wiper blades at no cost.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

This is an easy one for me:

If only Cadillac...........

Would come up with a car that would simply knock me out of the box like

the 1992 through 1997 styling did, I would go to the dealer and buy a

brand spankin' new one right on this Christmas Eve!

When I retired at 53, I knew I would have enough money to live pretty well on except when it came time for a new horse or a new car and I started a special New Horse/New Car Fund. I have 50 big ones in it as of today and I don't need a new horse; so,

If only Cadillac.........

I've been to see the 2005 STS 3 times. There are a lot of things I like about it; but I can't bring myself to part with my hard earned money for that LITTLE car!

I guess I'll wait to see next year's new DTS, though I have never been a Deville guy.

Styling! I have to agree with the styling complaints. I love the look of the 92-97 STS; always have, always will. When I bought my '97, I could have bought a newer car, but I wanted that style and fell in love with that interior and that exterior! The new STS is not the standout that once made it the Cadillac flagship. Did the STS of old resemble the Catera? Absolutely not. The new STS is, at least on the outside, a slightly stretched CTS. That said, I do like the CTS-V very much. I may even like the STS-V if they finally get around to building it, but the STS should be the ultimate American luxury touring car, not just a passive marque now resting on its past laurels. And it certainly should not resemble a smaller car. It's almost as if they have written off all the old styling queues in favor of "the new face of Cadillac" (when did any of the Sevilles produced in the last 30 years have verticle taillights, much less verticle headlights?) . I believe the idea is to establish brand recognition in the grillework, much the way Dodge and BMW do in most every car they make. But Cadillac models are supposed to be unique and exclusive - for those upper income buyers who want only the best - the top of the line Cadillac!

If Cadillac stylists would only... think back to the days of Harley J. Earl and be inspired by the innovation that creates a truly unique car - the artistic vision that creates a masterpiece.... not only in the grillework, but in the bodylines, the rooflines, the window angles, and the curves!

Archived