CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1983 Eldorado fuel pump issues

I have a 1983 Eldorado with the ht 4100. throttle body injectors were melted and the car sat for a few years. we replaced the injectors and the fuel pump today and she fired up like a champ! left it to idle for a while then took it for a drive, maybe 5 miles, everything was good until I parked in my driveway, at which point we were double checking the headlights and blinkers, then out of no where the engine died and wont start again. diagnostics gave code 20 (open fuel pump circuit) but then after resetting codes its still all clear, but I am not getting any fuel to the throttle body and it seems like the thermostat could be stuck from allowing coolant to flow. Someone suggested that there night be a fuel pump shut off if the car starts to over heat. any help would be awesome!

I can fax you a trouble tree of p20 if you need from alldata. First, check the oil pressure wiring, it runs near the exhaust I am guessing on the rightside..? It's been a long time since I have seen one of those motors, the wiring burns up on or near the exhaust downpipe.

Archived