CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1996 DeVille heater fan

My heater fan quit working. I checked the Inadvert fuse, it was ok. I replaced the fuse and the fan worked again, kinda. When the engin temp reached about 120 the fan started, i ran it from low to high speed. It seemed to run fine but then it quit. I turned the A/C off and back on. The fan started running again. I am curious if this sounds like the motor is going bad or if it could be a controller problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanx

Rod

Is the blower motor the original design - with the 1/2" thick steel plate on the face of the blower motor? If so, it is probably going bad. The new blower motor has a separate heat shield the must be used. The heat shield used to be included with the blower motor but now must be purchased separately.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Thank you for the formation. I was afraid the motor was bad but I am hoping the controller is ok. I did change the motor once before and it was a pain. Oh well, after changing it again I'll be a pro at it!

Thanx

Rod

The speed control module is integral to the motor. When installing the new design motor, it is easier to lower the engine cradle by loosening the back bolts. It is not that big of a job and there will be more than adequate clearance to install the motor.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Thanks for the input. I figure it'll take about an hour & half to change it out. I just wish everything would happen at once. Last month I replaced the radiator, last summer I had the cradle & engine out. Oh well I guess thats the way it goes.

Thanx

Rod

Archived