CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Door won't unlock or lock with key fob.

AUSTINCTS1

I have two doors on my 2007 CTS that won't lock or unlock with the key fob. In the past, the dealership has replaced the Lock Assembly, one time under warranty and the other time for $329. Do you think the lock assembly is the problem on these two doors as well? Or is there a fuse in the door lock that is out? How difficult is it to replace the lock assembly (any video available)? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

If you have OnStar, ask them for any OBD codes. Or, get your OBD codes read at Autozone. That will probably tell you what the problem is.

With any luck, it will be a fuse, a connector, a break in a wire, or a part smaller than a lock assembly, if the solenoid comes separately.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I have two doors on my 2007 CTS that won't lock or unlock with the key fob. In the past, the dealership has replaced the Lock Assembly, one time under warranty and the other time for $329. Do you think the lock assembly is the problem on these two doors as well? Or is there a fuse in the door lock that is out? How difficult is it to replace the lock assembly (any video available)? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I take it that you have made sure the keyfob battery is good. And I also take it that you have more than one keyfob and both do not work. From what I understand, the problem could be that the micro-switch in the door(s) may need to be replaced. Below is a link to a video about the CTS' micro switch. I don't speak from experience, so don't take my word for it. I'm just giving you a heads-up as far as what might be the problem. Also, I suggest you read the video's comments--maybe you can find additional info. that could help you diagnose the problem. The only other obvious possibility is the keyfob itself unless you have two that don't work--then this is unlikely to be the problem.

Cadillac CTS Door Handle Repair (Micro Switches Replacement, 2nd Gen)

Archived