CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Please HELP

I have a 1997 cadillac STS and my dash lights don't work they did work for a little while after I bought the car they went out around the same time my Ac /heater stop working they blow but the blower fan don't come on and I replace that and it still didn't work I was thinking the compture behind the glove box might have somthing to do with can Somone please tell how to fix this if you know how

:welcomesmiley:

This is probably a very simple problem. First, when the instrument panel is working so that you have the Driver's Information Center (DIC) messages run the OBD codes, write them down, and list them here. That will give us a list of all the things that the car's computers detect as issues anywhere in the car. See the link in my signature block for detailed instructions. You begin by turning on the key and looking at the A/C buttons; press <Off> and <Pass Warmer> (up on the rocker for passenger temperature) together for a few seconds until all the dash lights come on like you just turned on the key, then release both of them. The codes will show one at a time on the DIC. They will be of the form

PCM P0300 HISTORY

The first three letters are an acronym for the module that detects the error, the Pnnnn is the code (the letter will be P, B, C or U), and the suffix HISTORY or CURRENT tells whether the error has been detected since the key was turned on.

If the instrument panel problem keeps you from running the codes, stop by an AutoZone and they will run the OBD codes for you free.

The Cluster Fuse is in the trunk compartment fuse block. You get to it by opening the trunk lid and gently pulling back the top of the felt liner of the trunk to look at the left side of the passenger seat. There you will find a fuse and relay block. Look at the 20 Amp CLUSTER FUSE, the 10 Amp RLY IGN1 fuse, and a 10 Amp IGN0-BODY fuse.

Make sure that these fuses are OK, run your OBD codes, and come back and post the codes with a progress report.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Hi thanks for your response these are the codes I wrote down IPC B1552 history. IPC U1255 current . No ACM NO SDM NO TCS NO RSS NO PZM NO IRC RFA B2560 history . No ccp codes Msm B2118,b2119,b2120,b0856,b1982,b1983,u1300. mmm b2150. And when I went in the trunk to check the cluster fuse there was no fuse I tried to put one in it and it wouldn't stay in kept falling out I look inside and didn't have those sliver clamps to hold the fuse in I hope you can tell it explain what those codes mean

Archived