CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hey , new mwmber here, have a question for any one with a 2002 seville. Just purchased one in near mint condition with 92,000 miles on it. I hade a '98 STS for 14 yrs put 240,000 on it till i didn't trust it on long trips any more. Bought a 2006 STS had it for the last two years ,didnt care for it as much , now i have bought a 2002 SLS and not sure the ride is right. I know the SLS isnt as stiff of a ride as the STS but it seams to bounce to much down the road. It has the auto leveling with air shocks which is what imy STS had but totally different ride. The shocks have air and the level seams to be good , is there a damper in the shocks that can go bad or could there be another issue. Seams like it needs some stabilization, but I didnt think air shocks went bad like a typical shock. If someone has an idea i would appreciate it

Is the bounce from the front of the car or the rear? The source of the bounce will dictate if the rear shocks are shot or the front struts are shot.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Looking at the shocks , i dont see any sensors on the shock itself can I replace them with a set of gabrials or do i need the ones for the auto leveling to keep the display from showing its face on the dash

I think Monroe makes an auto leveling shock that is a direct OEM replacement minus the ride control valve for the active suspension. The factory air lines connect to them. Look at your existing shocks - there should be a wire harness that connects to the lower portion. Save the wiring from the old shocks so you can add resistors to bypass the ride control module.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

What model of Cadillac are you working on? If it is a base Deville, then it probably doesn't have n active suspension and the Monroe or Gabriel air shocks should be a direct fit and allow the factory air lines to connect.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I'm not that familiar with the '98-'04 SLS but my guess is that it does not have an active suspension - that is why you do not see a wiring harness conecting to the rear shock(s).

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived