CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

It's 80 degrees and A/C stops blowing on left turns?

My wife was driving the 04 Deville the other day and said when she made a left turn the dash hvac stopped blowing, after the turn it came back on. I dismissed it as a fluke or something.

Today it was 83 degrees and the dash air was blowing along mightily. I signaled for a left turn and as soon as I entered the turn the blowing fluctuated wildly until I made it out of the turn! I tried it going out of the parking lot and it did it again. Worked flawlessly on right turns and the next left I made it was fine again.

Anybody heard of these shenanigans?

All I can say is that this screams of either loose electrical connection or a marginal wire that's swinging free and that only gets moved/bent enough when you're going into a left turn to cause the disconnect to happen. Some of the wires in automotive electrical systems have far fewer strands than you'd think, and if they are flexing significantly over time you can eventually get broken strands internal to the wire insulation up through a broken wire.

Finding where this might be is, unfortunately, tedious at best.

Brian

Brian

Forums_Pic.jpg

Bri the Tech Guy   http://britechguy.com
britechguy@gmail.com   (540) 324-5032
"If it's got you screaming, I'll help you stop!!"

Did you do a system check for any fault codes? Get your codes and post them'

Your compressor and ac system sits on the passenger side of the vehicle, and it maybe a chance that the tire when turning left is rubbing something or like the other reply stated a short in the wire. Start by pulling your codes............

No codes stored yet. The AC stays working, it's more like a momentary stutter in the fan operation. I suppose it must be something in the column. Time to pretzel myself under the dash and have a peek! Or just make right turns everywhere....

No codes stored yet. The AC stays working, it's more like a momentary stutter in the fan operation. I suppose it must be something in the column. Time to pretzel myself under the dash and have a peek! Or just make right turns everywhere....

Right turns are safer anyway...

UPS trucks are prohibited from turning left unless absolutely necessary...

Posted Image

Archived