CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

First time Cadillac buyer!

Hi folks!

New member here from Ontario, Canada. First time GM / Cadillac buyer wink.gif
Bought a gently used 2010 CTS 3.0L, 6speed RWD few days ago. Base, with seat heaters. 17" stock wheels, no sunroof.

Looking for learn about the car and ask lots of questions LOL
First question: will 2009-2013 CTS-V rims fit this car? smile.gif

Thanks!

The 2010 CTS has the same 5-120 bolt pattern as the CTS-V of the same year. That doesn't mean that the wheels with tires mounted will not hit the bodywork when you hit a bump or turn the steering wheel. Others may be able to tell you more.

I wouldn't put the CTS-V rims on a CTS unless you really do want such a chimera. The stock tires are 40 profile in the front and 35 profile on the rear, the rims are 9" front and 9.5" rear. The recommended tires are 255/40-19 front and 285-35-19 rear, and all tires in that size are ultra-high performance tires, and are very expensive. All of them are summer-only except for a couple of all-season tires that have come out in the last few months. Except for two or three of the most expensive, the UTQG wear ratings are abysmal. The wheels, tires, suspension and brakes of the CTS-V are designed to provide performance, speed, and safety for a 550+ hp supercharged V8 in highs-speed driving such as the record-holding laps at Nuremburg.

If you have the 3.0 liter V6, you can get afermarket wheels a whole lot cheaper and get tires for it that provide performance levels that will never leave you feeling like you need more tire. I recommend the online utilities at The Tire Rack for the selection process.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived